Sunday, May 12, 2013

Monte Carlo BrewPub

When the Monte Carlo fist opened on the Las Vegas Strip, they had a Brew Pub/Restaurant in the back near the tram stop.  I don't remember much about the place, but they did put out a commemorative chip for each of the six beers they brewed on site.  Each one was limited to 1200 chips and for the longest time I only had the Brewmaster Special.  But thanks to eBay, I was able to get the other five giving me the complete set.  They new five are:

1.  High Roller Red
2.  Silver State Stout
3.  Jackpot Pale
4.  Las Vegas Lites
5.  Winner's Wheat

Being I am mostly (but not always) a Miller Lite drinker, I would have probably been a fan of the Las Vegas Lite.  The area where the BrewPub was has been a couple different things in the last ten years but is now a sports bar called "The Pub."  Which is probably pretty much what they wanted the Brew Pub to be originally.  The new place has 300 beers on menu.  Seriously, look:

http://www.montecarlo.com/files/restaurants/the-pub-beer-menu.pdf

That's a lot of beers.  But none of their original microbrews.






No comments: