Monday, July 14, 2008

I Love KY



I purchased this chip online after I went to the Kentucky Derby in May of 2005. It was my first time to Derby and I haven't missed one since. Giacomo was the big winner that day, followed by Barbaro, Street Sense and Big Brown. I won big on Barbaro in '06. But more important than the winners (and the horses who get put down on the track) are the wild, drunken shenanigans that happen at Derby. From our traditional Friday meal at Hooters (complete with pregnant waitresses!), to Fourth Street Live (complete with pregnant waitresses!), to the Church, Derby, KFC afterwards and the longest drive home on Sunday... there's never a dull moment. And without this yearly trip to Loo-ville, we'd have never met the Joint Commander. Or Darla, the incarcerated flasher. Or sung "Fraggle Rock" so many times. Or gambled on Sirius Radio. Or hit on Janet from 90210. Or been called 'loose dicks.' Or met the President (of what?). Good times. I could go on and on. But after returning home, sunburned, in 2005, I immediately purchased this chip. Derby... almost as fun as Vegas.

No comments: