Sunday, June 1, 2008

Stallone

The "Happy Birthday Sly Stallone" chip is a great one. I bought this one off of either eBay or www.oldvegaschips.com. What makes it so great to me is that in early 1996 I had made a bet with Hop on whether or not Stallone was 50 years old. I took the under and he took the over. He was about 2 months shy of his birthday, making me a winner. This was just after I won a bet from Hop... who foolishly bet on OJ to be found guilty. Not his best gambling year. But I'll always know how old Rocky is from now on.

Then... in December of 2005, Hop and I were at the Hopkins-Taylor fight at the Mandalay Bay. After the undercard fights and before the main event, they did some filming for the 6th Rocky movie, Rocky Balboa. Sadly, there were no cutaways of us cheering in the movie. But we were there... for some of it. And I'm sure I made roughly 9,872 Stallone Birthday jokes on the remainder of that trip. Looking forward to his 62nd birthday on July 6th!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

F you Sly, F you - I thought I had that bet won. OJ, yeah, that was idiotic. I blame eating lead paint chips for betting on guilty.

Jon Ross said...

I wish there was a chip commemorating the patented Hoppe-Vegas Freak Out. Now that's a story worth sharing.